Sunday, February 21, 2010

Retarded-Gate (Part 2)

Retarded-Gate (part 1) Here: http://mroffensive69.blogspot.com/2010/02/sarah-palins-retard-hypocrisy-on.html

Palin again explained that Limbaugh used the word Retarded as part of political "satire", that the Family Guy skit was more like "another kick in the gut."


Now the Family guys skit had a character with Down Syndrome, but what we now know is that that actress that did the voice HAS Down syndrome!


Not only that but she is a rather well know actress, that has been working in TV for over 14 years. Andrea Fay Friedman, who I actually remember well from the show Life Goes On.

Her IMDB http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0295141/


Not only this but, Andrea had something to say to Palin in an interview with the New York Times:

"I guess former Governor Palin does not have a sense of humor. I thought the line “I am the daughter of the former governor of Alaska” was very funny. I think the word is “sarcasm.” In my family we think laughing is good. My parents raised me to have a sense of humor and to live a normal life. My mother did not carry me around under her arm like a loaf of French bread the way former Governor Palin carries her son Trig around looking for sympathy and votes."

Full Article: http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/02/18/family-guy-voice-actor-says-palin-does-not-have-a-sense-of-humor/

She also had this to say to The Insider


Even CNN apparently was offended by the Family Guy episode. Not because they were making fun of people with down syndrome, but solely because there was a character that had down syndrome.


Now, obviously what happened was that Palin, and most of the media, assumed that the voice of character was done by a person that was imitating the voice of a person with DS. However, what does it tell us about society that the simple appearance of a a character with DS is enough to say we are offended?

Andrea Fay Friedman is my new HERO!!!

For more on Andrea watch this report
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/family-guy-feud-fires-actress-9900459?tab=9482931§ion=4765066